I have been on Facebook now for about three years. I started when I was getting ready for my 20th high schol reunion, and I have about 350 or so friends. That ends today. I’m tired of the drama.
I will be deleting everyone except those I considered close friends in high school, some law school friends I like and trust, and a few family members. Like one of those “Going Out of Business” sales, everyone else must go!
Some folks are too religious for me. Some are too whiny. Some update every 5 minutes even during a regular day, and some never write anything. So, tonight, I’m going to have a nice glass of red and delete those who meet the following criteria:
(1) Those I didn’t really like in hgh school, anyway. What do I really care what they are doing now?
(2) Those who were in high school with me but were a lot older than me and I now find annoying.
(3) Those who are from my hometown but I don’t really know anyway.
(4) Those who are simply too liberal for my tastes.
(5) Work people, save very, very few who I trust and who are funny. There are very few of these, anyway.
(6) Law school people who I don’t really know and have never had class with.
(7) Anyone else I deem annoying, too quiet, or just not my type.
This should narrow my list down to about 50-75 people, I imagine.
Also, if you are reading this, and you get deleted, please don’t be offended. It’s nothing personal. I’m just trying to delete some of the drama from my life and make my life less stressful. Also, if you are reading this and are my friend, please refrain from registering me from groups to which I don’t belong on my own accord, for instance “You know you’re from x when…”. If I wanted to join, I would have. If you sign me up, thou shalt be deleted!